2500 books were collected during the book drive held by our not for profit organization.
Books were handed over as follows:
- Technical and scientific books : Université de Kisangani.
- Text books (math, sciences, …) : secondary school managed by the University of Kisangani.
- Text books and novels : Alliance Française de Kisangani
- Text books (reading, grammar, basic mathematics) : Congrégation des Prêtres du Sacré-Cœur de Jésus looking after abandoned children.
The main donors were:
- Athénée Royal Maurice Carême, Wavre, Belgium
- The CERIA campus library, Bruxelles, Belgium
- De Boeck Edition, Louvain-La-Neuve, Belgium
- Chaidron family, Florenville, Belgique
- Hansart family, Louvain-La-Neuve, Belgique
Building on this success, R&SD asbl continue to collect books and basic school equipment (stationery, computers,…).
A future book drive will once more time strengthen the libraties of the University of Kisangani. Furthermore, this will increase the support to Kisangani’s disadvantaged children. In fact, the Fathers of Scholasticat in Kisangani helps by around a hundred children being abandoned by their families. Boys are hosted in the Saint Laurent House while girls are hosted in the Bakhita House.
Children helped by the Priests of the Sacred-Heart of Jesus Congregation.
Father Giovani who is in charge of Saint Laurent and Bakhita Houses.
Books handing over ceremony at UNIKIS (University of Kisangani).